Gillian finally finished cutting her first two teeth yesterday(front two bottom). They are now all the way through the gums and looking so adorable. She was a crab for about a week as the gums were swollen and sore, but she worked the teeth through by chewing on everything in sight.
The kids made Cris cupcakes for his birthday yesterday. I made him the requested dish of lasagna (lactose free of course). I finally refined my no-lactose recipe such that the consistency and the taste are pretty darn close to the real thing. It took a few times of trying different things to refine it and get it right, but by Jove I think I've got it. I ended up using a soy mozzarella knock off and a lactose free yogurt cheese which is a little wetter than the mozzarella and melts really nice with all the other ingredients. Problem is I can only find the yogurt cheese at Trader Joes. Anyway, Cris seemed to like everything. The kids gave him a variety of goodies, but mostly stuff for his golf weekend coming up tomorrow. He's leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend away in Nevada golfing, eating, and sleeping and doing whatever else guys do at those events.
I took lots of pictures and will post them after I get them downloaded from the camera. This is the first year Cris gets to celebrate his birthday with four kids!!. Nathan was uncooperative with the photos, but I got one or two that will do.
Not sure what my weekend all alone with the four kids will hold, but I figure we will spend most of it at home. Frances has a birthday party to attend, so I'll be a few hours without any backup in case things start to run amok at home with Gillian and Nathan. Hopefully they will be taking naps while she's gone. They are known to need attention at the same time, and it's difficult when they both want to be held and comforted or feed. But we'll manage. I think...I hope...



2 comments:
Congrats on the teeth! None here yet, but one is trying to poke through. Hope Gillian handled it better than Lillian is...we've had a little nerd here the last several days, lol.
We thought of Cris on his birthday but obviously didn't get a card out or phone call in...please wish him a belated happy birthday for us and fun at his golf weekend. Good luck to you...should bode well that the teeth are already through!
Grats on the teeth!! Jason got his in on Sunday night, thank goodness, he had been an absolute pill.
Nice reading about your days, maybe if we gang up on her Carol will update her blog more often, LOL!
Post a Comment