Thursday, September 29, 2005

Recent Random Photos


Ok, so most of you don't know the story behind the OKLAHOMA BULL. That is the little stuffed animal that Nathan is chewing on. Actually, he's chewing on the Bull's horn.

When Nathan was just a few months old my grandmother passed away and I went to Oklahoma for four days to be with my Dad and could not take Nathan with me. Or rather, Cris did not want me to take Nathan with me. So anyway, when I came back I brought two stuffed animals, one for Erin and one for Nathan. Erin's was a little mustang pony with the word Oklahoma written across its chest and the second was this little Bull horns and all with the word Oklahoma written across its chest. Well Nathan loved the Bull, mostly because the horns were just right for his little hands. Every night since I brought it home he sleeps with it. Well now, the bull's horns look more like floppy dog ears! Nathan chews on the horns to go to sleep and for comfort. He calls the Bull, "Babys." I don't know if this is a good thing or not. He will allow himself to be separated from the bull at school but as soon as he gets home, the bull is his companion. The bull even rides under the seat of his little push with your feet fire engine. The seat has a little storage area in it, so frequently, when WE adults can't find the babys, we find it hidden in the cubby hole under the seat.

Nathan is a character. He's friendly and outgoing, but also very determined and strong willed. We can't take him out to dinner anywhere because he won't sit still long enough for us to eat. And we walk around the house trying to get him to eat. This kid just doesn't eat much. Drives me nuts and I worry about his nutrition. We've resorted to Pedia-Sure at least 3 times a day but I read that this might be too much and that in order to stimulate his appetite we should consider reducing the amount of Pedia-sure we're giving him. I'm in a quandry because I don't want him to get dehydrated but I want him to eat more.

I'm supposed to take all the kids for their flu shots in the next week or so, so I'll ask our pediatrician again what she thinks will work.

This is a recent picture of Gillian playing in the ball dome. Actually its a police helicopter. Gillian figured out how to climb in and out of it. Nathan and she frequently play in it and seem to enjoy the interaction. Gillian thinks she can shove those 3 inch diameter balls into her mouth. Don't know if there's any screws loose there, but I'm guessing, she's going to keep trying for a while.

Nathan and Gillian having fun together. Nathan thinks she's got a screw loose too, trying to eat that ball! The two of them are finding their way around each other.

Nathan has finally figured out that he gets lots more attention from everyone if he chooses to be kind and loving towards his little sister than if he's being a brute boy.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Oh, how precious are these?? Wish we could get these kids together more often. They would have too much fun!