Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Spring Break in Oklahoma

We are expecting my older sister and my nephews from Oklahoma this weekend!! They get out of school Thursday night and then they are going to make a whirlwind trip out here for a week to visit and relax. I sure hope the weather is good cause its been raining almost everyday this past week. They will have to head back home next Friday, so it will be a short trip for everyone, but we are still so excited that they are coming. Erin's birthday is next Thursday, so she will get to celebrate with her cousins that she hasn't seen in about a year. My younger sister, who lives nearby, and I are planning a St. Patrick's Day party because her oldest son and Erin share that same birthdate except that they are 3 years apart. Yep March 16. So being that we didn't want anybody to worry about "Birthday Party Themes", we decided that a St. Patrick's day party would work.

Erin's entire class is taking her bowling during the school hours on her actual birthday. It was so funny how this came about, but I was chatting with Erin's teacher and indicated that Erin was wanting to have a bowling party for her birthday. I was planning on doing something over a weekend and wanted to get an indication about whether her classmates might attend being that they do not all live in the area (most of them ride buses to get to the middle school) and of course they all have varying disabilities and I don't know very many of the parents because we are still new to the program. Anyway, the teacher said that they could plan an actual field trip that day to celebrate Erin's special day so that she can be with all her friends. So that's the plan. The entire class is going on a field trip to the local bowling alley, then afterwards they will come back to school for pizza and cake. Erin is thrilled!!! So am I cause I we don't have to plan anything after her birthday. She will get to celebrate on the actual day. So two parties in one week. We can manage that right?

1 comment:

Marci said...

Happy early birthday to Erin! What a great idea the school has...I'll be lots of other moms were struggling with the same dilemnas as you and they found a great way to deal with it. Erin is going to feel like queen for the day!!