Thursday, March 23, 2006

Updates

My sister and her two sons made it home safely last weekend. They spent a whirlwind week with us and took in as many sites and sounds as possible going to places that did not cost any money or we managed to get free tickets. They visited San Francisco, Chinatown, and a lighthouse in the SF area but not sure of the name of it, and they got caught in a rainstorm and was soaked to the bone, everyone!! So, of course they got to buy new sweatshirts and t-shirts to get dry. Let's see next they went up to Big Basin and spent a day. The next day was all about culture so we visited the San Jose Museum of Contemporary Art. Ok, call me un-cultured or whatever, but my kids can draw just as well if not better than some of those pieces of art up on the wall. And the sculptures, well let's just say I've seen piles of trash that were more uh...Creative. There were, however, I must admit, some really really neat pieces of art as well. So that was fun. We toured the St. Joseph Cathedral and basilica as well as it is right next door to the art museum and they just happened to be holding private tours that day and we got to go alone with our tour guide all through the Cathedral...talk about amazing!! I totally loved it. So then the next day, my sis and her boys and Frances drove to the Monterey and spent the day. They "said" they had a blast and the day was gorgeous. The next day they visited the Cantor Museum on the Stanford University campus. They loved this as well.

We celebrated Erin's birthday with her cousin Matthew who shares the same birth date on that Tuesday night 3/14. Even though it was a couple of days before their actual birthday this was the date that seemed to work best for getting all the cousins on my family's side in the same room. The kids had a simple pizza party and cake. We still had decorations up from Gillian's party, so we just left them. It was a miss mash of color, but everyone didn't seem to mind.

Erin's actual birthday was on 3/16, and she decided to take her whole class bowling and then have pizza, cake (homemade complete with simulated bowling lane), and drinks back in her classroom. This was so much fun!! Erin had such a good time. We have some real action shots of her tossing that bowling ball down the lane. I'll post those soon. Erin's class was so adorable and loved the field trip.

Frances started drivers ed classes this past Monday....OMG, I have to get up at crack-o-dawn to get her to class by 7:00 am cause it's been raining (otherwise she would walk). What with Nathan, Gillian, Erin, and Frances and myself and lunches and blankets, bottles, extra clothes, diapers, and getting everyone out the door and in the car before 7 am and not forgetting anything is exhausting...I need a nap when I'm done just dropping everyone off. Talk about feeling the pain, and crabby...well let's just say poor Cris has had to throw his hat in the door and see how it lands before speaking to me. Yeah, Yeah, I know....I'm working on it. Ok, these written laments do not mean that I need someone to fix anything...they are just me being me, venting and feeling much better just getting it out. Now that it's out, I'm done and can move on. Tomorrow is a new day, and the glass is always half full. This is my new motto when things seem to be going awry, I keep telling myself over and over "the glass is half full....the glass IS half full..." I am truly blessed and I don't want anything more....well, winning the lottery would be nice...

OOOOHHHHHHHHH almost forgot, Cris took me to see the chick flick Failure To Launch on Sunday...let me just say....LOVED IT! I know, I'm a sucker for a good chick flick. So we all know our men are not chick flick kind of men. However....and I pause with eyebrows and finger raised....my man did laugh during the movie, he won't admit it, but I heard him laughing!! Anyway, cute movie.

No comments: