Nathan woke up early this morning about 6:30am and I was in the process of getting dressed. He drank some milk and was waiting patiently for me for about 15 minutes to finish up and then he started asking me to hold him. "Mommy hold me, mommy hold me, mommy hold meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!. Well I was trying to get my clothes on, and I said to Nathan, "Please hold your horses for a mintue.!" Well Nathan's favorite animal is a little cow that he sleeps with and takes with him everywhere. He just happened to be holding the cow when I told him to "Hold his horses for a mintue." Well of course children Nathan's age, as I suddenly realized, take what you say literally. So Nathan looked at me kind of funny like shaking his head and said, "No, mommy, its not horses, it's a COW!!"
There you go...I stand corrected. So much for a figure of speech. Anyway I of course burst out laughing and immediately picked him up. He made my day. What a sweet heart.



No comments:
Post a Comment