We will be welcoming our newest AuPair on October 26. Her name is Karin (pronounced like car with an "in" on the end) and she is from Sweden and just turned 19. Frances is excited again to have someone close in age in the house with her again. Unfortunately Frances won't be home to welcome Karin when she arrives. Frances will be in Indianapolis at the FFA National Convention from October 24 - 27 and then in Washington DC from October 27-30. I'm actually beginning to wonder if I have an older daughter. She's been so busy this year that it feels like I've hardly seen her.
Erin is performing in Mulan Jr., in mid November. She has rehearsal 3 days per week and soon will have weekend rehearsals just prior to the show's opening night.
Gillian awakened this morning with her first cold of the season. She's congested and coughing and pretty miserable. Today is swim lesson day but I decided that she needed to rest more than being in the water.
We are celebrating Nathan's 4th birthday this weekend because his Aunt Nadine arrives on October 19. I'm planning a "buy-in" get together. For those of you who do not know what a "buy-in" get together is; that means I'm "buying" all the food and bringing it "in" and serving it on my own dishes to make it SEEM more authentic. Ok, I WILL bake the birthday cake and decorate with crape paper and balloons in the dining room. I still haven't figured out what the birthday theme will be yet other than the food is going to be chinese food. Nathan has taken a liking to Thomas the Tank Engine and he loves Scooby Doo and Barney. So maybe something along those lines. I'll have to see what's on sale...LOL.
This another cute Nathanism...last night I was cooking burritos in the kitchen and Nathan decided he didn't want burritos, that he wanted boiled egg. Of course he doesn't call it "boiled egg". Just says he wants egg. I asked him, "Oh, do you want boiled egg?." Nathan says, "No mom I want a girl egg!" It took me a minute to figure out where that came from, but I just busted out laughing because he thought I asked if he wanted "boy egg."



No comments:
Post a Comment