Tuesday, June 08, 2010

New Look and Feel

I updated the look and feel of my blog today. I like it a lot! Thank you very much to my high school friend Kelly who sent me detailed instructions for how to make this site look less generic and more personal. I hope everyone likes it better too, I sure do. There are tons of songs I could put into the play list but these two are my favorites for now and they are easy listening I think so that folks can read and still listen to the music. I contemplated only one song, but thought what the heck, two will work just fine.

It's been a busy day at work, but I've managed to make the rest of my week more manageable now that I've finished a couple of nagging projects that I've had on the back burner for a couple of weeks. Those are ones that suck the energy out of your day, but now I'm done, so I'm happy.

Karin arrives tonight. Cris and Gillian will drive to San Francisco to pick up Karin from the airport. I'm sure she will be exhausted from the long flight. She's supposed to change planes three times on the trip. Her entire trip from Sweden was supposed to take approximately 20 hours with all the plane changes etc. As far as I can tell today using the online Flight Status Checker that there have been no delays so if the last leg takes off on time she will arrive at SFO by around 8:15pm tonight.

Erin has her last dance lesson tonight then dress rehearsal on Friday and the recital on Sunday evening. She's nervous and excited. Her favorite thing is to be given flowers at the end of the show. She just loves that.

I'll make a seasoned flank steak and sauteed veggies for dinner and cut the steak into strips so every one can fold meat and veggies into a tortilla and go, go, go. It's a quick and easy meal and cleanup is a breeze.

No comments: