If I had a video clip of Erin's dance recital number that would have been great, however, my hubby didn't know that he wasn't supposed to hold the shutter key down when starting the video segment on the camera, hence when he let up at the end of the number, all of 5 seconds of fade out was filmed. Now I have to spend money to purchase the entire video of the show. I should have given Cris instructions in advance, but I thought he knew! My fault entirely, but I'd really like to blame him for something...LOL!
Erin looked lovely and she did a super job last night. I loved her smile and gracefulness. Still she was about a beat behind everyone else, but she did a great job keeping up with her class mates. I was a little worried about the timing as her performance wasn't until after intermission which was about 8:15pm in the evening. I was worried because Erin starts to wind down after about 8pm but I guess the excitement of performing kept her wide awake. Cris, Frances, Nathan, Gillian, Ilona, Karin, and Paige (one of Erin's high school friends) were all in attendance including me of course. We showered her with bouquets of flowers, her very favorite, and the girls took her out for frozen yogurt afterwards. It was a fun evening. I'll have to get the photos from Ilona's camera and post them soon.
We awakened Sunday morning to a new addition. Frances and her friends rescued a baby kitten. It cannot be more than 6-8 weeks old. So tiny but very cute. Frances said that she and her friends had been seeing her every night for about a week at a local Starbuck's coffee house. They had been trying to play with her, but she was really scared and very hungry and skinny. Finally Frances and an one of her friends cornered the little guy in the wheel well of her friend's pickup. Frances was able to catch her and decided to bring her home. I bought some milk for kittens and a small soft can of cat food. Frances fed her small amounts several times throughout the day. She was really really nervous and jumpy at first but when she figured out that food and drink were forthcoming she really started to settle down. Onyx our black lab is so big that she would easily be a goner if he decided she was lunch. He simply wags his tail and wants to smell of her. The kitten promptly hisses and spits and snaps at him. Poor guy, he was only trying to say hello. Frances and her friends named her "Starbux." Frances wants to keep her but I don't think that will work very well. The dog is too big, and Nathan and Gillian are so loud and rambunctious that I'm afraid the poor little thing will spend its life hidden under a bed somewhere; and Cris dislikes all cats for the most part. We'll see how this plays out. I think it's good that Frances is nursing the little fellow back to health, but she's going to need to take care of it and I just don't see her having the time to care for a kitten. We'll give it a few days and see how it goes. Right now the little fellow is outside in Onyx's large kennel because she has fleas and I DO NOT want fleas in my house. We just fogged two weeks ago. Not doing it again. It's warm outside now and Starbux has a blanket and litter box and water in the kennel, so she will be fine until she is old enough to be shampooed with flea shampoo and topped off with the flea serum. I read an online article today that says we can bath her in Dawn dish washing soap and warm water and then use a flea comb to get off the majority of fleas for now. Frances said she would do that today. I hope she bathed her in the outdoor gardening sink. It has running hot and cold water but something tells me that she bathed it indoors.
I'm reading a non-fiction book titled, "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout published in 2005. Did you know that 1 in 25 ordinary Americans (that's 4% of the population) secretly has no conscience and can do anything at all without feeling guilty? That's just plain crazy. And we don't know who they are! They know who they are, but they are so capable of blending into ordinary everyday lives that you might never know or suspect. They could be your colleague, your neighbor, even family. And they can do literally anything at all and feel absolutely no guilt, shame, or remorse. It's unsettling and unnerving and interesting all at the same time. Talk about an eye opener!



No comments:
Post a Comment