that Gillian is terrified when the toilet flushes!! I've noticed it a few times over the past year but didn't think much of it until the last couple of months. But, yep, she is consistent. She just about comes unglued everytime the toilet flushes. She gets this freaked out look on her face and then melts into a pile of screaming terror pawing at you wanting to be picked up immediately. She then looks over my shoulder to see that terrible terrible white throne that makes so much noise and sends her heart pounding in her chest....whimper, whimper. It's so funny, I can't help laughing. I just can't believe this is her terror! Not the vacuum, or the dishwasher, or the trash compactor, or even an animal, its the toilet flush....KABOOSH!!! I'm still laughing.
Do you think she'll remember if I terrorize her just a little bit more, with one or two more flushes?
Poor little thing...wonder what's gonna happen when she's like 3 or 4 and we go to the movie theater public restroom and she's sitting quietly trying to do her business and "HELLO" out of the blue the toilet with that automatic flush thingy takes over...OH MY GOSH, SHE MAY NEVER SIT ON A TOILET AGAIN!!! WE MAY HAVE TO CHANGE DIAPERS FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!! And it will be all my fault because I flushed the toilet at home while she was in there and now I've damaged her psyche for LIFE!!!
She'll be like one of those kids who is sort afraid of the dark; you know the ones I mean, where you know you've got to go into that dark room all by yourself and you really don't want to, but you go anyway, bravely, and then run like crazy to get back to a room that has people in it so you can feel safe (ok, so I was one of those kids...stop it, we're not talking about me, we are discussing Gillian). Well, I can see Gillian, really really needing to go to the bathroom, she forces herself to go sit down, and then flushes when she's done and runs like mad to get out before the flush gets her. Or maybe she'll do her business, and find a way to flush without actually having to be in the bathroom when it happens. Perhaps she'll say something like "Mom, Nathan didn't flush again", and thinking that I'll make him go do it and all the while Gillian is congratulating herself on being so creative....Oh yeah, I've got her number!
Do you think she'll remember if I terrorize her just a little bit more, with one or two more flushes?
Poor little thing...wonder what's gonna happen when she's like 3 or 4 and we go to the movie theater public restroom and she's sitting quietly trying to do her business and "HELLO" out of the blue the toilet with that automatic flush thingy takes over...OH MY GOSH, SHE MAY NEVER SIT ON A TOILET AGAIN!!! WE MAY HAVE TO CHANGE DIAPERS FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!! And it will be all my fault because I flushed the toilet at home while she was in there and now I've damaged her psyche for LIFE!!!
She'll be like one of those kids who is sort afraid of the dark; you know the ones I mean, where you know you've got to go into that dark room all by yourself and you really don't want to, but you go anyway, bravely, and then run like crazy to get back to a room that has people in it so you can feel safe (ok, so I was one of those kids...stop it, we're not talking about me, we are discussing Gillian). Well, I can see Gillian, really really needing to go to the bathroom, she forces herself to go sit down, and then flushes when she's done and runs like mad to get out before the flush gets her. Or maybe she'll do her business, and find a way to flush without actually having to be in the bathroom when it happens. Perhaps she'll say something like "Mom, Nathan didn't flush again", and thinking that I'll make him go do it and all the while Gillian is congratulating herself on being so creative....Oh yeah, I've got her number!



1 comment:
Too, too funny!! Poor little thing, not like she can avoid this particular fear her entire life...but I am with you, we moms have to find humor where we can!
Post a Comment