Gillian's birthday party decorations arrived without two important items in the box (even though the packing slip said they were in it). Thankfully, the company will be able to get those items to us by February 7, well before Gillian's party next Saturday afternoon. The plan is around 2:00 pm to have a little get together with what family can come, Godparents, and a couple of little guys from Gillian's classroom at school. I planned the party for later in the day because Gillian and Nathan both take their naps from about 11:30 to 1:30 or 2:00. So they should be waking up and ready to play. Not sure about the food yet. Still working that out. Depending on who RSVPs in the next few days, that of course will make a difference in what I decide to do.
Speaking of parties and guests, that means I also need to clean house between this weekend and next...Ugh. Not my favorite thing, but maybe now we'll get motivated to move the undecorated Christmas tree OUT of the living room and into the garage storage box before next Saturday!!!
I'll be baking two cakes, one for Gillian to destroy (oh, I mean enjoy) and the other for the guests to eat. Frances loves to decorate cakes, so I'm counting on her creative expertise to make Gilly's cake look awesome. The decorations for the cake are adorable...can't wait to see what Frances comes up with in terms of layout.
Erin's mission is to find Gilly a gift that she will like. She already has something in mind based on the theme of Gilly's party. I won't share that now, cause its a secret. Only those who got the invites will know the theme. Ok, so if you lived closer we would have sent you one too, so don't be too disappointed in us....I'll post pictures.



1 comment:
LOL, rub it in why don't you?! Can't wait to see the pictures, and don't stress too much about the house cleaning...you know the party will only make it dirty again!
Post a Comment