It's official, Gillian walked across the entire living room floor three times last night back and forth between me an her cousin Angela and Grandma and Grandpa. The only thing is that she will only walk if she if holding something relatively heavy in her hands. Last night it was the baby wipe container. I don't know, but I guess it helps her feel balanced or something. Very bizarre!! Anyway, my baby is growing up too fast...She needs to slow it down just a little bit. I rather liked the fact that I needed to carry her everywhere. Now, all she wants to be is down and practicing her walk then soon to be run. I was comparing her to Nathan who walked right at 9.5 months. Gillian is just over 10.5 months almost 11 months actually come Jan 11, so I guess that's in the normal range. She is so proud of herself. Oh, the other thing that she does is if you hold your arms out to her, she stops walking and just falls forward into your arms. I guess she figures we can just catch her and what's the point of taking those few extra steps.
We got a treat last night too. The Michigan Negranza's gift package arrived and everyone got to open their presents. So much fun. I especially loved the beautiful mini scrapbook from Marci. It's going to be so much fun figuring out which photos to put into it.
We are kinda slow in getting our packages mailed. Still haven't sent them. I'm waiting for the holiday rush to be over.....(Ok, that's my excuse, so I'm a little slow).
Anyway couldn't wait to share the BIG news about Gillian.
We also had a snafu this morning. Turns out Angela's flight left yesterday morning, not today. The way the itinerary was written, it could easily be mistaken for Jan 06, but what it actually said was 05 Jan 06. She was so depressed because she misread the itinerary thinking that she wasn't going to be able to get home tonight. I called the travel agency to see if they could assist us in getting the airlines to make a concession on the missed flight due to the way the date was written on the itinerary and the fact that today was 1/06, but the airline's position was that she was a no show, so we ended up having to book a whole new ticket. Thankfully the travel agent found one that left at 12:20 today and was able to use reward miles to pay for it, so no one was out any money so to speak unless you count the lost reward miles. The main thing was that Angela was able to get on a plane and get home today. She was thrilled. It will be very late when she gets home, but at least she will get home.
We got a treat last night too. The Michigan Negranza's gift package arrived and everyone got to open their presents. So much fun. I especially loved the beautiful mini scrapbook from Marci. It's going to be so much fun figuring out which photos to put into it.
We are kinda slow in getting our packages mailed. Still haven't sent them. I'm waiting for the holiday rush to be over.....(Ok, that's my excuse, so I'm a little slow).
Anyway couldn't wait to share the BIG news about Gillian.
We also had a snafu this morning. Turns out Angela's flight left yesterday morning, not today. The way the itinerary was written, it could easily be mistaken for Jan 06, but what it actually said was 05 Jan 06. She was so depressed because she misread the itinerary thinking that she wasn't going to be able to get home tonight. I called the travel agency to see if they could assist us in getting the airlines to make a concession on the missed flight due to the way the date was written on the itinerary and the fact that today was 1/06, but the airline's position was that she was a no show, so we ended up having to book a whole new ticket. Thankfully the travel agent found one that left at 12:20 today and was able to use reward miles to pay for it, so no one was out any money so to speak unless you count the lost reward miles. The main thing was that Angela was able to get on a plane and get home today. She was thrilled. It will be very late when she gets home, but at least she will get home.



1 comment:
Congrats to Gillian!! Lillian is still being very cautious, just a few steps at a time, but I'm with you...as exciting as it is to see, they are just growing up sooo fast!
Sorry your package arrived so late...I mailed it a week or more before Christmas. :-( Glad you like the scrapbook, though, it was fun to make for you. :-)
Post a Comment