Monday, January 23, 2006

Walking Shoes

Let's see news from the weekend, Gillian got her very first pair of walking shoes. She's looks a bit out of control when she walks in them. Guess she's getting used to them. It's sort of a fall forward stumbling half run, half walk. Remember she only walks with something in her hands. Now I guess the added weight of the shoes (which isn't much) has thrown off her groove!! Funny as in ha ha funny, not the other funny as in hmmm, something to consider.

We are sooooooooo lucky. I was able to scrounge up 3 tickets to the Lion King stage presentation in town....ohhhhhhhh...I have goose bumps already thinking about it. We are going this Friday night. Erin is the one who heard the commercial on the radio and said she wanted to go. The theater will only be performing for 6 weeks which began on 1/20/06. I looked on the web and could only find tickets for $200 plus, but then I decided to try the actual theater where its being performed and got them for way way way cheaper. I had to try several times but finally found some. Thankfully because I had promised Erin that we would go and $200 plus wasn't looking promising....whew!! Ok, so we are in the nose bleeds, but we have binoculars. Still should be fun.

So Nathan thinks he should explore every possible cabinet, drawer, closet, and cubby hole he can find. Anything that looks like a spray bottle is in his domain as well. He loves to go and turn all the faucets on in the house and squeeze out all the soft soap onto or into whatever surface has not already been destroyed. My $9 bottle of foundation on the bathroom counter was poured down the sink, hmmm, wonder who did that? Never found the bottle by the way. Oh and toothpaste, he loves to practice his counting by shoving as many Q-tips into the toothpaste container that he can. My last count in pulling them out with the tweezers was five in the tube. I cannot bring myself to throw away the toothpaste...the Q-tips are sterile right? Needless to say our little "lovable rascal" is really exploring his world at home and at school. Oh and he has to be read the following books multiple times before he will go to bed: "How do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?"; "How Do Dinosaurs Eat their Food?"; "How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten?"; and "How Do Dinosaurs Clean their Room?" Now the ONLY reason he loves these particular books is because the dinosaur has a teddy bear that is his cuddle buddy and of course Nathan has a teddy bear too that looks similar and he won't go to bed without it. Another favorite of his that we have to read over and over every night is "Head to Toe" by Eric Carle. He has to act out every page and his response is "I can do it!" Very cute to see especially with that little grin.

Cris got the call today from the meat packing company...they want to know what we want. Cris and Frances are on their way over to take a look at the "menu" of cuts and various sausages. We had no idea at the choices available. We were also not expecting this call for a couple of weeks. Guess they want to have their cuts defined while the aging process continues.


No comments: