Well I have been on the edge of my seat, sort of like watching a movie that has the next part continued the next day or week, anxious to learn the outcome of the Michigan Negranza family saga. Finally, resolution, and one that Cris and I heartily agree with if we might add...not that it was any of our business anyway or that we had any detailed information to merit our coming to the conclusion that our extended family should stay put, but now that the decision is made, we are relieved. (Talk about a run on sentence, Try reading that one out loud!!) I think it's mostly because if we "EVER" get to go and visit we will be going somewhere that we've never been before. Now, I just need more saga, something to look forward to everyday or every few days or so....it's the blog junkie coming out of me yet again. I feel almost like I shouldn't write anything because all the juicy stuff is happening in Michigan. We are so boring out here in CA. Seems like all we do is work, work, and more work. Frances complains that we never let her do anything. PA LEEESE!!!! This child is doing something every weekend and she's been on two week long trips between April and July...I'm sorry but where I grew up, that IS doing something!! And it takes money. I haven't seen any new green growing on those trees out in the back yard.
I guess the big news today is that Gillian went for her 6 month checkup. Fourteen pounds ten and one-half ounces, 24 inches long. She gained a pound and a half and grew 2 inches in 2 months. Not bad I guess. Then, she got 4 shots...poor baby, not happy is all I can say. The first shot she sort of looked like, "Ouch, what was that?". The second shot, "OOOOOOH, waaaaa". Third shot, "Ok, the heck is going on!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". Finally, the fourth shot was the kicker, "SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMM", not the whining crying that hurt kind. It was the really let it out you are killing me scream and on top of that I am really really mad. Man, she just kept going and thinking about it. At least 5 minutes. Didn't want to nurse, nothing, just needed to scream. After she calmed down, then she had some milk and dozed off to sleep. Thank goodness I remember to give her Tylenol before the shots and I got a note from the doctor to allow the pre-school to give it to her throughout the day today. Since she's really moving around on the floor a lot and using her legs and hips, I'm sure she will be feeling the soreness for a day or so.
Gillian loves sitting upright now and flapping her arms at everyone. She gets the giggles with Nathan and can't stop laughing and then flings herself backwards. Last night she was giggling so loud and screaming like "Yeee Hawww", or something to that effect in baby tongue. So loud, that we had to stop what we were doing just to watch her. She must have been tired, because this was the first time she was initiating the laughter and screams and belly laughs. She had all of us laughing at her. Nathan was thrilled that he was the one causing Gillian to laugh so hard. Gillian loves watching Nathan play. I can tell that she wants to be up and about wreaking havoc with him.....oh, soon enough. I can't wait.
We watched the movie "The Pacifier" last night, and Nathan was really into all the early action in the movie. I hope he doesn't try to climb the side of the house and dive off, wouldn't that be a hoot...
I wonder if I'll ever sleep through the night again? I wake up so tired all the time. It must be those midnight and 4 am nursings. And waking up thinking about all the things I should have done the day before but didn't get to, so now I'm even more behind at home and at work. Don't know why I think if I worry about it, it will get any better. I even think of things to talk with Cris about, and literally debate on whether or not to wake him up so we can talk because it is on my mind and if I wait until morning I'll probably forget about it and it'll take me two days to remember that I wanted to tell him something. But I'm kind and look over at his relaxed sleeping form and wish I could be in lullaby land too. I don't wake him up, well, unless he's snoring, then I give him a nudge or two. Mostly that doesn't work, so I just get up.
Oh Gillian gets to start practicing with solid foods now. We are supposed to introduce some rice cereal, then fruits like applesauce and pears, then veggies like squash and sweet potatoes, then chicken and turkey. This should be interesting....maybe with Gillian starting on solids we can entice Nathan to eat more too. He's pretty finicky about his food. Some days are pretty good, but most days he still prefers milk and not much else. I can get him to eat noodles, rice, peaches, pretzels, crackers, and cheese, but that's about it. Sometimes chicken if he's in the mood. He loves Hawaiian Punch and cranberry juice, but I think the sugar in them decreases his appetite so I don't give him anything to drink until he eats something first. That doesn't always work, but its getting better. Now his teeth will probably rot out from all the sugar and I'll be dubbed a bad mother for giving my kids sugary foods and causing their teeth to all fall out. Oh wait, they are gonna all fall out anyway!!! Just kidding.....I'll be good.
Frances is supposed to go out with her youth group from school tonight and I left instructions for her to clean (ahem...straighten) the house before she can go out. Should be lookin good when I get home!!!
Maybe I can sweet talk Cris into taking me out with Nathan, Gillian, and Erin tonight. Sounds like a real romantic evening doesn't it?



No comments:
Post a Comment