Yesterday was the girls first day back to school. Frances walked, and I dropped Erin off at her old elementary school to be picked up by her bus later in the morning for the middle school. Turns out when the bus arrived to pick Erin up they didn't seem to know where she was supposed to be. And even though I confirmed verbally with the busing service a week in advance, that they knew when and where to pick Erin up, in the end the driver was about to take her off to the high school. Thankfully the before school staff have their heads on straight and were able to tell the driver where he was supposed to take her. Why am I not surprised...
So I get home yesterday afternoon and find Frances laying on the futon in the family room wrapped in a blanket sort of half snoozing and half watching TV. I say hello and ask how was the first day of school. I barely get a response. I asked the question once again and a very irriated young lady snaps and me and says "Fine Mom." I ask what is the matter and she promptly tells me that I'm bothering her cause she's TIRED!! Let's just say that attitude really does play a large part in what she does and does not get to do....
Nathan's words to me yesterday when I picked him up from school, were, "Hi Mommy! How are you? It's good to see you!" He's not even 3 yet!! Perfect pronunciation and articulation. OMG, melted my heart.
Gillian, has figured out that if she grabs hold of you and won't let go, she will eventually get picked up and carried everywhere. Little Princess that she is. Also, we've discovered that in addition to flushing toilets (yes she still has that phobia), she's also afraid of heights. She just about passes out when you try to put her on your shoulders. She grabs anything she can(head, hair, neck, one or both eyeballs) and then sort of rolls into this little head squishing ball with a vise like grip. Sort of feels like a snug baby cap on your head. The problem is peeling her little hands and body away long enough to get her off your head. Usually she takes whatever ornamentation is in the hair, such as hats, barretts, or combs, or pony tail holders with her on the way down.
Anybody want some chicken eggs? We are inundated with chicken eggs to the tune of 10 a day. Now, that means we as a family need to eat about 70 eggs a week...we can go through about 18 a week, but 70, NO. The other two students who were collecting eggs with Frances have not been doing it for past two weeks for reasons I'm not entirely sure of. All I know is that there are loads of eggs in my frig. I'm hoping that Frances' buyers will take some off our hands in the next day or two. Also one of my co-workers said she wanted some too. The county is supposed to come and get the chickens from the farm in about a month, so she won't have to care for them for too much longer. They won't get new chickens until the spring. The problem is that at the farm there isn't appropriate shelter for the chickens in the winter months as it stands now. The new barn and classrooms for the farm are supposed to be completed by the end of the year. Construction seems to be moving along really well, so everyone is hopeful that the students will get to move into their new classrooms and ag labs by the beginning of 2007.



No comments:
Post a Comment